Fulton, Mo. – The nations #14 ranked team the Westminster College Blue Jays volleyball team will look to get back on track this afternoon at #16 ranked Greenville University. This will be the first game since the Blue Jays suffered their first loss of the season. The match will have a first serve time of 11:00 a.m.
When: March 13th, 2021
Where: Greenville, Ill. Greenville University
Venue: H.J. Long Gymnasium
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Greenville are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the
St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Greenville University COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Allowed
Taking a look at the #14 Westminster College Blue Jays (8-1, 8-1 SLIAC):
- On Thursday the Blue Jays received word that they had dropped to #14 in the third AVCA NCAA Division III Coaches Poll of the season after their loss at #15 Webster University.
- Last time out the Blue Jays lost a four-set match on the road against the #15 ranked Webster University team this past Wednesday (24-26, 12-25, 25-12, 18-25).
- The Westminster attack is anchored by Haley Menke who is first in the SLIAC with 124 total kills while also ranking third in the SLIAC in kills per set at 3.44. Eryka Wanyonyi checks in at fourth place in the SLIAC in total kills with 109 and sixth in kills per set at 3.03. Natalie Needy, the reigning and two-time SLIAC Offensive Player of the Week, has 91 kills, good for seventh in the SLIAC, while also second in the SLIAC in hitting percentage at .307.
- Gretchen Durbala checks in with a conference leading 348 assists. Her 9.67 assists per set also leads all SLIAC setters.
- The Blue Jay defense is powered by two-time, SLIAC Defensive Player of the Week Erica Schrader with 147 digs which ranks fourth in the SLIAC. Her 4.08 digs per set is sixth in the SLIAC. Wanyonyi follows her with 118 digs. Allie Kennebeck checks in with 92 digs.
- The Blue Jays are led at the net by Needy who's been dominant there. Her seven solo blocks rank third in the SLIAC, 24 block assists and 31 total blocks lead the SLIAC in those categories, and she's also second in the conference with .86 blocks per set. She is followed by Payton Bledsoe who is in seventh in the conference with 15 total blocks. Kennebeck and Needy leads the team with 12 service aces good for fifth in the SLIAC.
- The Blue Jays rank second in the SLIAC in kills (444), fourth in kills per set (12.33) and second in hitting percentage (.191).
- Westminster is second in the conference in Solo Blocks (18), Block Assists (76) and leads the conference in total blocks (56) and is second in blocks per set (1.56).
Taking a look at the #16 Greenville University Panthers (8-2, 8-2 SLIAC):
- Greenville University comes into the match after being beaten by #15 Webster University in three (17-25, 21-25, 19-25) this past Wednesday in St. Louis, Mo.
- The Panther attack is led by Jasmin Smith with 82 kills, good for tenth in the SLIAC, Mia Bonacorsi with 79. Anna Finch has 79 kills.
- The Greenville defense is led by Gretchen Bond with 102 digs which is good for fourteenth in the SLIAC. Her 4.08 digs per set ranks seventh in the SLIAC.
- Greenville ranks first in the SLIAC in Kills (254) kills per set (12.57) and first in hitting percentage (.245).
- The Greenville defense ranks seventh in the SLIAC with 17.11 digs per set and is fourth in blocks per set at 1.16.
SLIAC WOMEN"S VOLLEYBALL STANDINGS