Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay men's basketball team will be back at home on Tuesday afternoon. Head Coach Matt Mitchell and his team will take the court against the Iowa Wesleyan University Tigers. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m..
When: March 3rd, 2021
Where: Fulton, Mo. at Westminster College
Venue: Historic Gym
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Iowa Wesleyan are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Westminster College COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (1-4, 1-4 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays are coming off a tough last second loss at Home to Blackburn College 62-61 11 days ago. The long layoff was due to losing a game with Fontbonne University last Friday due to COVID-19 protocols in the Fontbonne University program.
- The Blue Jays are led in scoring by Jaxon Althaus at 15.4 PPG, Followed by Landon Harrison 13.8 PPG, Braeden Wetrich with 11.8 PPG and Camron Jamison 10.0 PPG.
- The Blue Jays top rebounders are Harrison with 6.2 RPG and Althaus at 6.2 RPG
- Spriggs leads the team in assists with 3.8 APG.
- The Blue Jays are shooting 47.7% from the field, 34.1% from the three-point line and 65.4% from the free throw line.
- The all-time series between Westminster and Iowa Wesleyan is 8-7 in favor of Westminster.
Taking a look at the Iowa Wesleyan University Tigers (3-7, 2-4 SLIAC):
- Iowa Wesleyan University is coming off a 64-62 loss on the road at Spalding University this past Sunday.
- The Tigers are led in scoring by Jered Fernandes at 15.2 PPG followed by Carver Locke at 13.0 PPG. Kaleb Cresswel is also in double figures with 12.1 PPG and Alex Dentlinger with 11.4 PPG.
- The Tigers leading rebounders are Fernandes at 12.2 RPG, which leads the SLIAC, and Locke with 8.7 RPG
- The Tigers leading assist man is Cresswell with 4.0 APG.
- Cresswell also leads the Tigers in steals with 1.1 SPG
- The Tigers are shooting 42.4% from the field, 32.3% from the three point line and 62.3% from the free throw line.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL STANDINGS