Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay men's basketball team will be back in action on Friday night at home against the Blackburn College Beavers. Head Coach Matt Mitchell and his team will take the court against the Beavers with tip-off set for 7:30 p.m.
When: March 12th, 2021
Where: Fulton, Mo. Westminster College
Venue: Historic Gym
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Blackburn are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Westminster College COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (1-3, 1-3 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays are coming off a tough road loss vs. Greenville University 140-137.
- The Blue Jays are led in scoring by Landon Harrison at 15.8 PPG, Jaxon Althaus at 15.5 PPG. Also, in double figures are Braedan Wetrich at 13.5 PPG and Camron Jamison 11.3 PPG.
- The Blue Jays top rebounders are Althause and Harrison with 6.3 RPG each.
- Spriggs leads the team in assists with 4.3 APG.
- The all-time series between Westminster and Blackburn is 31-30 in favor of Blackburn.
- The two teams split last seasons matchups with Blackburn winning 74-69 at Blackburn and Westminster winning at home 79-73.
- The Blue Jays average 91.0 PPG while shooting 50.4% from the field, 34.4% from the three-point line and 64.4% from the free throw line. The Blue Jays are giving up 92.5 PPG and
Taking a look at the Blackburn College Beavers (2-1, 2-1 SLIAC):
- Blackburn College was picked to finish fifth in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll.
- The Beavers are led in scoring by Javon Stoval at 20.3 PPG, second in the SLIAC, and Chanz Aldridge at 19.3 PPG, fourth in the SLIAC. Christian Wagner chips in 10.7 PPG.
- The Beavers leading rebounders are Wagner at 8.3 RPG and Stoval with 5.0 RPG.
- The Beavers leading assist man is Bryson Kirby with 3.0 APG.
- The Beavers leaders in steals are Aldridge with 2.7 SPG and Stoval at 2.3 SPG.
- The Beavers average 70.3 PPG on 41.4% from the field, 24.4% from the three-point line and 75.5% from the free throw line. The Beavers give up 67.7 PPG.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL STANDINGS