Fulton, Mo. – The Westminster College Blue Jays volleyball team will be back in action this Friday at home in Historic Gym. The match vs. the Eureka College Red Devils is set for a 6:00 p.m. first serve.
When: March 19th, 2021
Where: Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
Venue: Historic Gym
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Eureka are NCAA Division III institutions and are members of the
St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Westminster College COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Allowed
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (9-2, 9-2 SLIAC):
- Last time out the Blue Jays won in straight sets on the road at Iowa Wesleyan University (25-12, 26-24, 25-19).
- The Westminster attack is anchored by Haley Menke who is third in the SLIAC with 146 total kills while she is also fourth in the SLIAC in kills per set at 3.40. Eryka Wanyonyi checks in sixth place in the SLIAC in total kills with 120 and fifth in kills per set at 3.00. Natalie Needy has 98 kills and ranks fifth in the SLIAC in hitting percentage at .255.
- Gretchen Durbala checks in with a conference leading 395 assists. Her 9.18 assists per set also leads all SLIAC setters.
- The Blue Jay defense is powered by Erica Schrader with 182 digs which ranks fourth in the SLIAC. Her 4.23 digs per set is sixth in the SLIAC. Wanyonyi follows her with 138 digs. and Allie Kennebeck rounds it out with 116.
- The Blue Jays are led at the net by Needy who's 42 total blocks leads the SLIAC. She is followed by Payton Bledsoe with 21 which is good for seventh in the SLIAC. Menke follows with 20 total blocks and Durbala has 19 total blocks
- Needy leads the team with 14 service aces good for eighth in the SLIAC. Wanyonyi has 13 aces and Kennebeck has 12 service aces.
- The Blue Jays rank third in the SLIAC in kills (511) and 4th in hitting percentage (.172). Westminster also leads the conference in total blocks (75).
Taking a look at the Eureka College Red Devils (0-12, 0-12 SLIAC):
- Eureka College was picked to finish 8th in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll.
- Eureka College comes into the match after losing at home to Blackburn College 3-0 (19-25,
16-25, 19-25) last Saturday.
- The Red Devil attack is led by Corinne DeBoard with 82 kills, followed by Emma Harris with 69 and Regan Reed with 60.
- Lindsay Fernandez leads the Red Devil with 227 assists.
- Eureka's defense is led by Reed with 150 digs. She is followed by Jordyn Fox with 117, DeBoard with 113 and Megan Masching has 109.
- Katelin Peters leads the Red Devil in total blocks with 14.
- The Red Devil are eighth in the conference in kills (270) and rank eighth in the SLIAC in hitting percentage (.045).
SLIAC VOLLEYBALL STANDINGS