Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay women's volleyball team, riding a three game winning streak to open the season, travels to the Spalding University Golden Eagles today. Head Coach Natalia Koryzna and her team will get things started in Kentucky today with first serve at 5:00 p.m. CST
When: February 19th, 2021
Where: Louisville, Ky. Spalding University
Venue: Derek Smith Gym
Time: 5:00 p.m. CST (Fulton, Mo. Time)
Affiliations: Westminster is a NCAA Division III institution and a member of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Spalding is a NCAA Division III institution and a member of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Spalding University COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Allowed
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays 3-0, 3-0 SLIAC:
- Last time out the Blue Jays were victorious in straight sets over Greenville University on Wednesday (25-18, 25-22, 27-25).
- The Blue Jays come into the match second in the SLIAC in hitting percentage at .189 and leading the SLIAC in total blocks with 15.
- Haley Menke is second in the SLIAC in kills per set at 3.45. Teammate Eryka Wanyonyi is ranked fourth in the SLIAC at 3.0 kills per set.
- Menke is also third in the SLIAC in total kills with 38 while Wanyonyi ranks fifth with 33.
- Gretchen Durbala is leading the SLIAC in assists per set at 9.73.
- Reigning SLIAC Defensive Player of the Week Erica Schrader leads the Blue Jays with 45 digs followed by Wanyonyi with 27.
Taking a look at the Spalding University Golden Eagles 2-1, 2-1 SLIAC:
- Spalding was picked 4th in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll.
- Spalding comes into the match off a 3-1 road win last Friday at Iowa Wesleyan University(25-16, 25-17, 25-21).
- Maggie Purichia, a freshman middle, leads the Golden Eagles in kills with 33 and 2.82 kills per set. She is followed by Samantha Robinson with 22 kills and 2.00 kills per set.
- Mya Summers leads Spalding with 83 assists and 7.55 assists per set which is fourth best in the SLIAC.
- The Golden Eagles are led at the net by Purichia and Kendall Mattison with 5 total blocks each.
- The Spalding defense is anchored by Sarah Richards with 52 digs which is good for third overall in the SLIAC followed by Robinson with 37.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@WC_BlueJays) and Facebook (Westminster College Athletics).