Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay women's basketball team will open up SLIAC Conference Tournament play on Wednesday March 7th. The Blue Jays will be the #2 Seed in the tournament. The high powered Blue Jays will be looking to make a deep run in this year's tournament. The game will also celebrate the career of the Blue Jays lone senior Makayla Jackson. The ceremony to honor Jackson will begin at 6:45 p.m. and will be livestreamed.The quarterfinal game is scheduled for a 7:00 p.m. tip-off. See the SLIAC Tournament Preview HERE.
When: March 7th, 2021
Where: Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
Venue: Historic Gym
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Westminster College COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
Taking a look at the #2 Westminster College Blue Jays (9-3, 7-2 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays are coming off of a road loss to the Webster University Gorloks 94-84.
- The Blue Jays lead the all-time series with the Tigers 9-7.
- The Blue Jays are led in scoring by Reese Arnold at 16.6 PPG, Avylina Powel-Qualo 12.8 PPG, Abbie Reece at 9.6PPG and Kallee Dowler 9.2 PPG.
- Powel-Qualo leads the Blue Jays in rebounding at 7.8 RPG followed by Madison Schaeffer with 7.3 RPG. Abby Nichols chips in 6.1 RPG.
- Arnold leads the team averaging 2.6 assists per game.
- Powel-Qualo and Arnold lead the team in steals at 1.3 and 1.2 steals per game respectfully.
- After 12 games the Blue Jays are averaging 82.1 PPG while shooting 43.8% from the field, 36.9% from the three-point line and 65.1% from the free throw line.
Taking a look at the #7 Iowa Wesleyan University Tigers (2-12, 2-8 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays beat the Tigers back on March 3rd 88-66 in Mt. Pleasant, Ia. and they beat them again 81-48 at Historic Gym on March 23rd.
- The Tigers are coming off of a road loss to the Fontbonne University Griffins 78-67 last Saturday.
- The Tigers leading scorers are Morgan McCrea 18.1 PPG and Anija Simmons 14.4 PPG.
- The Tigers leading rebounders are Simmons with 8.4 RPG and McCrea with 4.9 RPG.
- IWU's McCrea leads the team with 2.4 APG.
- Hannah Sykora leads the Tigers with 2.1 steals per game.
- After ten games the Tigers are averaging 60.8 PPG while shooting 38.2% from the field, 26.5% from the three-point line and 65.7% from the free throw line.
FINAL SLIAC WOMEN"S BASKETBALL STANDINGS